Qustodio, a leader in digital safety and wellbeing, has just announced a new tool to help parents monitor what their children are watching on YouTube.
The new YouTube Monitoring feature will give parents more control by allowing them to see their child’s viewing history and control content, in one convenient location. Here are the ways YouTube Monitoring can benefit parents:
- Easily see and play the videos their children watched on YouTube
- Clearly see the terms their children searched for on YouTube
- Set time limits for the YouTube app which can be dialed up or down depending on the day of the week
- Block the entire YouTube app from devices
“Helping parents have a better understanding of what their children are watching online is a natural extension of the Qustodio digital safety and wellbeing offering,” said Qustodio CEO, Eduardo Cruz. “With this new feature, we’re excited to help the millions of parents who want more than what YouTube’s own restricted mode can offer by giving them the ability to see searches made and videos watched on YouTube.”
With the YouTube Monitoring feature, parents will be able to use the follow tools to monitor activity.
- Clickable view of videos watched – The YouTube Monitoring feature delivers parents a clickable report of the videos their child has watched. A thumbnail of the video opens up to a web browser with the video or a YouTube page with the search results based on the title and channel.
- View searches – The YouTube Monitoring feature provides users with the option to view their child’s YouTube searches to help parents catch any searches for inappropriate subjects or to just have a basis to better understand what they are interested in.
- All-in-one design – Qustodio revolutionized the parental control space with the most complete information and parental control functionality. YouTube Monitoring takes it to the next level with a bird’s eye view of children’s YouTube activity from the number of videos and searches to keyword searches.
- Set time limits – Children spend more and more time in front of screens than ever before. The YouTube Monitoring feature gives parents who don’t want to block the app the ability to limit the time they can spend on YouTube. It also gives them the flexibility to set time limits based on the day of the week. Want to give your child a bit of extra time on the weekend? No problem.
- Block & unblock access to YouTube – With the YouTube Monitoring feature, parents with Qustodio Premium accounts who don’t want their children to view YouTube at all can now block access to the YouTube app and web from one place. Of course, flexibility is key, so it is just as easy for parents to unblock access to YouTube according to their family’s changing needs.
YouTube has been dealing with complaints about giving kids access to age inappropriate content for some time. While Google has been making changes to content policies, tools like this one from Qustodio can help parents have more autonomy over what children are seeing on the platform.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!