Today YouTube announced that YouTube Premium and YouTube Music are now live in 17 counties including the United States. YouTube Premium and YouTube Music replace YouTube Red.
Here is how it breaks down:
The new YouTube Premium includes:
- The new YouTube Music: ad-free, with background listening and downloads
- More, bigger original series and movies
- Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
- With YouTube Premium, you’ll get access to the full slate of YouTube Originals, including recent hits like the Karate Kid-inspired series, Cobra Kai, the dance drama, Step Up: High Water, and upcoming series like the sci-fi thriller, Impulse, and Liza Koshy’s Liza on Demand.
Ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube
- YouTube Premium will continue to provide an ad-free experience, background play, and downloads across the millions of videos on YouTube, which simultaneously supports our incredible creators and artists.
Pricing and Availability
- YouTube Premium rolls out soon in existing markets: the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and South Korea*. It’s also coming soon to new markets: Austria, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
- YouTube Premium will be available for $11.99 per month (U.S. price) or you can unlock the full experience of the new YouTube Music by itself with Music Premium for $9.99 per month (U.S. price).
- When YouTube Premium launches, YouTube Red members will automatically receive access at their current price. In countries where YouTube Red is currently available, a new member can also secure this price ($9.99 in the U.S.)
Did you know we now have a FREE app for iOS, Android, and Amazon Fire? Click HERE to download our app.