YouTube TV Adds 60fps Support to More Channels

Three happy young men watching football game and keeping arms raised while sitting on sofaA few weeks ago we reported that YouTube TV recently added support for 60 frames per second (fps) to some channels. At first, it only worked on ESPN and FS1 sports networks. Now YouTube TV has added 60fps support to:

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN News, SEC Network, FS1, FS2, BTN, FX, FXX, FXM, Regional Fox Sports Networks, National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, and Fox Soccer Plus.

60fps offers a far better experience but also means it takes up twice the amount of data because it is using double the frames every second. So many live TV services have kept 60fps for their sports-related channels.

Cord Cutters News reached out to YouTube TV and they confirmed that 60fps only works on NVIDIA SHIELD and Chromecast Ultra are now streaming at 60 fps at this time. This should offer a greatly improved viewing experience for sports fans. Many viewers should notice that these channels will now offer a smoother experience that is closer to help make the game look even better on the big screen.

Please follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more news, tips, and reviews.

Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.

10 Responses to YouTube TV Adds 60fps Support to More Channels

1. David Sosa November 17, 2017 at 9:57 am #

i have a 65inch 4k sony and I really couldn’t tell the difference. I did have to change the cinema motion levels to have it not skip. I prefer directv now at this time for the superior picture…at least in my experience and tv.

• Mike Thaler November 18, 2017 at 8:32 am #

Educate me – What are “Cinema Motion Levels”? How to you adjust them?

• David Sosa November 18, 2017 at 6:57 pm #

They are in the picture settings of the tv.

2. Kevin S November 17, 2017 at 10:18 am #

Hmm, this has me rethinking my move from Playstation Vue to Directv now. I could definitely see the stutter watching sports at 30 fps.

3. Joseph Duffy November 17, 2017 at 10:34 am #

I have a regular chromecast (delivered free from youtube after trying youtube tv for a month). Yesterday I had to reset my chromecast to factory settings because the youtube tv app is having issues. After resetting the chromecast and redownloading the youtube tv app, it didn’t fix the app issue but I started watching a hockey game on fox sports and it was noticeably clearer and looked to be broadcasting at 60 fps.

4. Steve Boyles November 17, 2017 at 10:37 am #

Great news ! Hopefully they will enable this on other devices. I just installed the LG smart tv app last night and it still runs in 30fps. Its really hard to watch a hockey game in 30fps or any other sport for that matter.

5. mnsportsgeek November 17, 2017 at 11:03 am #

Looks like I found where I’m going if the DTVN DVR is lousy. I really like that they offer a Fox Soccer Plus add on.

6. Fg November 17, 2017 at 12:47 pm #

What are the frame rates for DTVN?

• Kevin S November 17, 2017 at 1:23 pm #

Most are 720p 60 fps. Definitely the ESPN channels, the Fox channels as well

• mnsportsgeek November 17, 2017 at 3:50 pm #

Everything is 720p/60 except for some peoples locals.