With YouTube TV you can share your subscription with up to 5 people at no additional cost. This means they can have their own DVR recordings, viewing preferences, and more without having to have multiple subscriptions. That means your spouse or kids viewing habits won’t suddenly show up in your DVR or recommended shows. (You can learn more about setting up a Family Group on YouTube TV HERE.) This was first spotted by the /r/YouTubeTV subReddit.
Some additional YouTube TV features available on Apple TV:
- Cloud DVR with no storage limits
- “Library” tab that includes easy access to the shows you’ve recorded. Browse movies, shows, and events by new, most watched, and more to find the perfect thing to watch
- “Home” tab with personalized recommendations including top picks, resume watching (easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home) and more
- “Live” tab with a full program guide to see what’s on now and what’s airing soon
- Background playback experience so you never miss the action while you browse the app
- Ability to share with up to 5 other roommates or family members in your household. Each family member gets their own login, DVR, and personalized recommendations
Right now YouTube TV is available in over 80 metro areas. You can add YouTube TV to your Apple TV HERE.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.