Did you notice stuttering when streaming YouTube TV with Chrome? Good news! Google says they have fixed this issue with a Chrome update that rolled out last Tuesday. If you are still seeing this issue, make sure you have recently restarted Chrome so the new Chrome update can be installed.
YouTube TV is reporting a growing number of YouTube TV crashes on Roku Sticks. According to Google, they have reported the issue to Roku.
There are other known issues including issues on the Nvidia Shield and Android TV.
Here is YouTube TV’s full list of known issues according to Google as posted on Reddit by a Google employee:
- Playback of live/DVR sometimes immediately fails. We’re currently investigating this, no root cause identified yet.
- Status:We think it might be HDCP related and have a speculative workaround we’ll be launching soon.
- Rise in playback errors on Streaming Sticks (3800,3800X).
- Status:Escalated to Roku.
Sony Android TV
- Playback performance regressions (stuttering/dropped frames) experienced after the Oreo update.
- Status:We’ve identified a workaround that looks promising that we will be testing soon and hope to launch in the coming weeks.
Chrome on Windows
- Stuttering playback/dropped frames on Chrome M72 through M74.
- Status:Fixed in Chrome M75. (will hit stable channel on 6/4)
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!