Having trouble with YouTube TV? You may not be alone yesterday YouTube TV staff posted an official bug list on Reddit. This list included known issues for the Apple TV, Xbox, & Nvidia Shield.
Here is the full list of known issues YouTube TV posted on Reddit yesterday:
Here’s a current list of our known issues we’re experiencing. Maybe we can pin this to the top of the sub?
- Resolution on live channels randomly degrades to 240p or 144p and gets stuck.
- Workaround: Changing channels and back (i.e. restarting playback) or manually bumping quality back up via the quality selector should restore HD.
- Status: We’re doing experiments and working with Apple to try and root cause this issue. We have a speculative fix in prod as of 2/11 that might help that we’re monitoring.
- Crashes during playback of live channels. A fix just went to 100% prod on 2/12; so please check for an app update if you’re still experiencing this.
- Playback of live/DVR sometimes immediately fails. We’re currently investigating this, no root cause identified yet
Have you had these issues? Leave us a comment and let us know.
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel? Every week we have a live Cord Cutting Q&A, and weekly Cord Cutting recap shows exclusively on our YouTube Channel!