Today YouTube TV officially launches on Roku players and Roku TVs with a dedicated YouTube TV Roku Channel. Now you can access YouTube TV both by casting to Roku players and by opening the dedicated YouTube TV Channel.
“We are thrilled to bring YouTube TV to our customers,” said Tedd Cittadine, vice president, content distribution, Roku. “YouTube TV connects Roku users with great live TV from major broadcast and popular cable networks in a channel built specifically for TVs.”
“We love TV—from the shows to live sports to the can’t miss events. We built YouTube TV to give consumers a better way to experience this great content,” said Christian Oestlien, product management director, YouTube TV. “The way people watch TV is ever-evolving, and expanding our reach through the Roku platform was a great fit.”
Some additional YouTube TV features available on Roku include:
- Cloud DVR with no storage limits
- “Library” tab that includes easy access to the shows you’ve recorded. Browse movies, shows, and events by new, most watched, and more to find the perfect thing to watch
- “Home” tab with personalized recommendations including top picks, resume watching (easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home) and more
- “Live” tab with a full program guide to see what’s on now and what’s airing soon
- Background playback experience so you never miss the action while you browse the app
- Ability to share with up to 5 other roommates or family members in your household. Each family member gets their own login, DVR, and personalized recommendations
Right now YouTube TV is available in over 80 metro areas. You can add YouTube TV to your Roku player HERE. (Note if that link is not working check back in about 5 minutes.)
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.