Earlier today YouTube TV officially launched on Roku players and Roku TVs with a dedicated YouTube TV Roku Channel. Now they have also launched an Apple TV app for Apple TV owners.
Google and Apple did not make any announcement but Apple TV is now listed as a supported device and we have been able to install it on our 4th gen Apple TV. According to the last update, the YouTube TV app now works with iOS 9.1 or later compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and now the Apple TV.
Update YouTube TV just tweeted this:
And there it is! We are happy to announce you can now use YouTube TV on @AppleTV. ????
— YouTube TV (@YouTubeTV) February 1, 2018
Some additional YouTube TV features available on Apple TV:
- Cloud DVR with no storage limits
- “Library” tab that includes easy access to the shows you’ve recorded. Browse movies, shows, and events by new, most watched, and more to find the perfect thing to watch
- “Home” tab with personalized recommendations including top picks, resume watching (easily pick up where you left off on another device when you get home) and more
- “Live” tab with a full program guide to see what’s on now and what’s airing soon
- Background playback experience so you never miss the action while you browse the app
- Ability to share with up to 5 other roommates or family members in your household. Each family member gets their own login, DVR, and personalized recommendations
Right now YouTube TV is available in over 80 metro areas. You can add YouTube TV to your Apple TV HERE.
Need cord cutting tech support? Join our new Cord Cutting Tech Support Facebook Group for help.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for our live Q&A, weekly news recap, and more.
Follow us for more cord cutting news, tips, and reviews.
Plus, join our Tech Support Facebook Group for cord cutting support from our community.
Sign up for our newsletter
Get our weekly newsletter, the latest deals, and much more.